With NowPatient's private treatment plans you can treat Erectile Dysfunction with SPEDRA ® safely and easily in a few simple steps. Get started by selecting the medication you are interested in or by hitting the start consultation button below.
We connect you to a prescribing clinician by secure video link who will spend time with you to understand your requirements and ensure that SPEDRA ® is appropriate, safe and effective for you. The consultation is FREE and you only ever pay for the medication, if it is prescribed. Medications are supplied and delivered discreetly by NowPatient.
The MHRA's reporting program for suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines, e-cigarettes, medical device incidents, defective or falsified (fake) products to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency to ensure safe and effective use.Learn more about reporting side effects
Spedra contains avanafil as the active ingredient. It is commonly prescribed to treat erectile dysfunction. Spedra belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors. Spedra works by temporarily increasing blood flow through blood vessels to the penis, during periods of sexual stimulation.
Now Patient offers Spedra for the treatment of erectile dysfunction only, following an online consultation with a prescribing clinician.
Key facts of Spedra
- Spedra usually takes 60 minutes to work
- Spedra can be taken 60 minutes before you want to have sexual intercourse
- Spedra does not result in an erection if taken alone. You would need to be sexually excited for it to work
- Spedra has some common side effects which include headaches, facial flushes, feeling sick, and indigestion. Many people display no side effects, or if they do the side effects can be mild
- It can be dangerous to take Spedra with certain medications like alpha blockers or nitrates (nitroglycerin, isosorbide mononitrate). The combination can lead to a dangerous fall in your blood pressure. If you’re not sure if you’re taking a nitrate, you can discuss this with the prescribing clinician
- You should avoid drinking grapefruit juice if you’re taking Spedra prescribed for pulmonary hypertension because it affects the way the medicine works
Who is Spedra suitable for?
Spedra is suitable for most men aged 18 and over.
Who is Spedra not suitable for?
Spedra may not be suitable for some people. To make sure it’s safe for you, speak to the prescribing clinician before taking Spedra if you have the following medical conditions:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension) or high blood pressure that is not controlled (hypertension)
- Sickle cell anaemia, leukaemia, or multiple myeloma
- A deformity of your penis or Peyronie’s disease (curved penis)
- Have previously had an allergic reaction to Spedra
- Are taking nitrates for angina (chest pain)
- High cholesterol
- Serious liver or kidney problems
- Recently had a heart attack, stroke, or other heart problem – your healthcare professional should carefully check whether your heart can take the additional strain of having sex
- Reduced blood flow to your eye causing you to lose your vision
How and where to get Spedra ?
Spedra tablets are available from a number of sources. It is available on prescription or over the counter at pharmacies at a lower dose as Spedra together.
Now Patient does not allow customers to buy Spedra directly. Our service is certified, safe and effective, and we only ever treat conditions. If you book a consultation with a prescribing clinician for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, you can discuss if Spedra is a suitable treatment option for you.
At the end of the consultation, the clinician will decide if a treatment plan is suitable for you. If it is, the clinician will issue you with a prescription which can then be ordered, paid for and delivered directly to your chosen address by Now Patient.
Dosage and strength for Spedra when used for erectile dysfunction
Spedra is available in tablet form, and when used for erectile dysfunction it is available in strengths ranging from 50mg tablets to 200mg tablets. The typical daily dose of Spedra is a 100mg tablet, taken on an empty stomach, 60 minutes before sexual activity. The effects of Spedra may last longer than 24 hours so do not take it more than once a day. This dose can be adjusted up to 200mg or decreased to 50mg depending on the effects. Read the patient information leaflet provided to you with your medication for further information.
What happens if you take too much Spedra ?
If you take more than prescribed, then it can lead to some unpleasant side effects.
You should talk to your doctor or reach out to one of our prescribing clinicians, if you have taken too much Spedra and you experience any of the following side effects:
- Lightheadedness and dizziness
- Nasal congestion
- Hearing loss
- Blurred vision
What are the side effects of Spedra ?
Possible side effects of Spedra are split into common and serious. If you are prescribed Spedra for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, you’re unlikely to get side effects, since you are only taking it short term.
Common side effects include:
- Feeling sick
- Facial flushing
- Hot flushes
- Muscles aches
- Back pain
- Sinus congestion
Serious side effects include:
- Sudden decrease or loss of vision, or retinitis pigmentosa
- Serious allergic reaction
- Priapism (prolonged erection)
- Heart attack, stroke, or irregular heartbeat, which mainly occur in people with heart disease
If you experience any serious side effects, you should contact NHS 111.
If you experience a serious allergic reaction with the signs shown below you should contact emergency services on 999.
- Your lips, mouth, throat or tongue suddenly become swollen
- You’re breathing very fast or struggling to breathe (you may become very wheezy or feel like you’re choking or gasping for air)
- Your throat feels tight or you’re struggling to swallow
- Your skin, tongue or lips turn blue, grey or pale (if you have black or brown skin, this may be easier to see on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet)
- You suddenly become very confused, drowsy or dizzy
- Someone faints and cannot be woken up
Always report adverse effects to the MHRA yellow card reporting system. You can read more about this here https://nowpatient.com/blog/how-and-where-do-i-report-side-effects-of-my-medication
Information about taking Spedra at the same time as other medications or herbal supplements
You should inform your doctor or prescribing clinician if you are currently taking any medications called nitrates (such as glyceryl trinitrate), riociguat, alpha blockers (doxazosin, tamsulosin), certain antifungals (itraconazole, ketoconazole), certain antibiotics (erythromycin), HIV protease inhibitors (ritonavir, or atazanavir), medications for high blood pressure, treatments for an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmias) such as verapamil, or other erectile dysfunction medications such as Poppers (amyl nitrate).
There is not enough evidence to suggest there are any drug interactions between herbal supplements and Spedra. In any event, you should let your prescribing clinician know if you are taking any herbal supplements.
Why might Spedra not work for erection problems?
Spedra may not work for you and common reasons may be:
- You have not waited long enough after taking it before trying to have sex
- You have waited too long after taking it to have sex
- The dose is not high enough
- You’re not sexually aroused
Can Spedra taken for erectile dysfunction be taken long term?
Spedra is safe to take for a long time. There do not seem to be any lasting harmful effects from taking it for many months and years.
Is there a herbal Spedra ?
No. Herbal Spedra does not exist. If you have been marketed such a formulation, it may be fake.
Should I avoid any particular food or drink when taking Spedra ?
You can eat and drink normally when taking Spedra to get an erection.
What lifestyle changes can I make to help me with erectile dysfunction?
You modify your lifestyle in a number of ways, and this may have a positive impact on your erectile dysfunction.
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Quitting smoking
- Cutting down on the amount of alcohol you drink
- Not taking recreational drugs
- Exercising regularly
- Reducing stress
Alternatives to Spedra
Alternative PDE5 inhibitors for the treatment of erectile dysfunction include sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra).
NowPatient has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all material is factually accurate, complete, and current. However, the knowledge and experience of a qualified healthcare professional should always be sought after instead of using the information in this page. Before taking any drug, you should always speak to your doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
The information provided here about medications is subject to change and is not meant to include all uses, precautions, warnings, directions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or negative effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a particular medication does not imply that the medication or medication combination is appropriate for all patients or for all possible purposes.
People also asked
How long does Spedra last?
Does Viagra keep you hard after coming?
Which is the best erectile dysfunction pill?
What is Spedra used for?
Is Spedra as good as Viagra?
How is Spedra different from Viagra?
What is the strongest erectile dysfunction medication?
Is Spedra better than Cialis?
Is Stendra better than Viagra?
What is the strongest Viagra pill?
Is Spedra prescription only?
Does Spedra work with alcohol?
Does Cialis make you harder than Viagra?
Is Spedra 50 or 100?
What is the fastest acting ED pill?
Can I take 2 Spedra tablets?
Can I take Spedra daily?
Does Spedra make you last longer?
When is the best time to take Spedra?
Can you take Spedra with alcohol?
Can you take 200mg of Spedra?
What is avanafil tablets used for?
Is avanafil stronger than Viagra?
How strong is Spedra?
What is the strongest ED tablet?
What is the difference between Spedra and Viagra?
Is Stendra as good as Viagra?
Does Stendra work as well as Viagra?
Does avanafil make you last longer?
Can I buy avanafil over the counter?
How quickly does avanafil work?
Which is better tadalafil or avanafil?
How much does Stendra cost per pill?
WHY WE BUILT NOWPATIENT
To improve the lives of everyone by making high-quality care accessible and convenient
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features and resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. NowPatient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.
Download our app today
Can I trust NowPatient
Meet our medical review team
Trustworthy and reliable medical content authored and reviewed by our experienced team of medical professionals from the United Kingdom and the United States. Learn more about our team and our editorial process by clicking on the buttons below.