In today’s healthcare landscape, the cost of prescription drugs can be a significant burden for many individuals. However, there are various patient support programs and resources available to help alleviate some of these financial pressures from drug companies. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the prescription drug savings options provided by Merck (MRK), a leading pharmaceutical company. Whether you’re seeking information about financial assistance, insurance coverage, or cost-saving coupons, this guide aims to provide you with a comprehensive overview of the available support programs. Let’s dive in!
Understanding Merck’s Patient Support Programs
Merck offers several patient support programs designed to assist individuals in accessing their medicines and vaccines. These programs aim to provide financial support and information about product assistance options. Whether you’re looking for medication at no cost or seeking assistance with co-pays, Merck’s support options are tailored to meet the diverse needs of American patients.
Exploring available patient support options
Merck’s patient support programs offer a wide range of benefits, including information about product financial support and access to medicines or adult vaccines free of charge for eligible patients. To determine if you’re financially eligible for a specific Merck product, you can use their search tool, which provides detailed information on the available programs. By simply entering the name of the product, you can discover what support options are available to you.
Savings on out-of-pocket costs
For privately insured patients, Merck provides cost-saving coupons for select brands. These coupons can help reduce out-of-pocket expenses. To check if a coupon is available for a specific product, you can visit the brand’s website. It’s important to note that coupons are not applicable for uninsured patients or those with Medicare or other Government Program insurance. Certain eligibility restrictions and Terms and Conditions may apply, so be sure to review the details.
Insurance coverage and financial assistance options
Merck’s Access Program is designed to address questions related to insurance coverage and financial assistance options. This program can provide valuable information and support across various areas, including:
- Insurance Coverage for Patients: The Merck Access Program can help answer questions regarding insurance coverage for patients. Understanding what your insurance covers is crucial when it comes to managing healthcare costs
- Co-Pay Assistance for Eligible Patients: Co-pays can often present a financial burden for patients. The Merck Access Program offers assistance options for eligible individuals, helping to alleviate some of the financial strain
- Referral to the Merck Patient Assistance Program: In collaboration with the Merck Patient Assistance Program, the Merck Access Program can facilitate referrals for eligibility determination. This program provides certain medicines and adult vaccines free of charge for eligible individuals without insurance or those whose insurance doesn’t cover their prescription Merck products
Available medicines and vaccines
Merck offers various medicines and vaccines to address various health conditions. Some of the notable products covered by their patient support programs include:
- BELSOMRA® (suvorexant) C-IV
- DELSTRIGO™ (doravirine, lamivudine, and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) tablets, for oral use [available for urgent request]
- DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) for oral suspension 40 mg/mL [available for urgent request]
- DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) tablets [available for urgent request]
- EMEND® (aprepitant) 80 mg, 125 mg capsules [available for urgent request]
- EMEND® (aprepitant) for Oral Suspension 125 mg [available for urgent request]
- EMEND® (fosaprepitant) for Injection 150 mg (for use with in-patients in a hospital setting)
- EMEND® (fosaprepitant) for Injection 150 mg (for use with patients in an out-patient setting)
- GARDASIL®9 (Human Papillomavirus 9-valent Vaccine, Recombinant)
- ISENTRESS® (raltegravir) 400 mg film-coated and 25 mg and 100 mg chewable tablets [available for urgent request]
- ISENTRESS® HD (raltegravir) 600 mg tablets [available for urgent request]
- JANUMET® (sitagliptin and metformin HCI) tablets
- JANUMET® XR (sitagliptin and metformin HCI extended-release) tablets
- JANUVIA® (sitagliptin) tablets
- KEYTRUDA® (pembrolizumab) Injection [liquid formulation] 100 mg
- LAGEVRIO™ (molnupiravir) 200 mg capsules [available for urgent request]
- M-M-R® II (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Virus Vaccine Live)
- NOXAFIL® (posaconazole) delayed-release tablets 100 mg
- NOXAFIL® (posaconazole) Injection (18 mg/mL) for intravenous use
- NOXAFIL® (posaconazole) oral suspension, 40 mg/mL
- PIFELTRO™ (doravirine) tablets, for oral use [available for urgent request]
- PNEUMOVAX®23 (Pneumococcal Vaccine Polyvalent)
- PREVYMIS™ (letermovir) 240 mg tablets
- PRIMAXIN® I.V. (imipenem and cilastatin for injection)
- RECARBRIO™ (imipenem, cilastatin, and relebactam) for injection, for intravenous use
- RECOMBIVAX HB® [Hepatitis B Vaccine (Recombinant)]
- STROMECTOL® (ivermectin) tablets
- VAQTA® (Hepatitis A Vaccine, Inactivated)
- VARIVAX® (Varicella Virus Vaccine Live)
- VAXNEUVANCE™ (Pneumococcal 15-valent conjugate vaccine)
- VERQUVO® (vericiguat) 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg tablets
- WELIREG™ (belzutifan) 40 mg tablets
- ZEPATIER® (elbasvir and grazoprevir)
- ZERBAXA® (ceftolozane and tazobactam) for Injection for Intravenous Use
- ZINPLAVA™ (bezlotoxumab) Injection 25 mg/mL
- ZOLINZA® (vorinostat capsules, for oral use) 100 mg [available for urgent request]
These are currently the products covered by Merck’s patient support programs. By utilizing these programs, eligible individuals can access the medications and vaccines they need without incurring significant financial costs.
How to access prescription drug savings
To access the prescription drug savings offered by Merck, it’s essential to follow a few steps:
- Research: Start by researching the specific product you require. Visit the Merck website or consult with your healthcare provider to gather information about the available patient support options
- Eligibility Check: Determine your eligibility for the support programs. Utilize the search tool provided by Merck to find out which programs are available for the product you need
- Coupon Availability: If you’re privately insured, check if there are any cost-saving coupons available for the product. Visit the brand’s website to access the relevant information
- Insurance Coverage Assistance: If you have questions about insurance coverage or need help with financial assistance options, reach out to the Merck Access Program. They can provide guidance and support in navigating these aspects of healthcare
- Referral to Patient Assistance Program: If you don’t have insurance or your insurance doesn’t cover the prescribed Merck product, consider seeking a referral to the Merck Patient Assistance Program. This program offers certain medicines and adult vaccines free of charge to eligible individuals
Eligibility requirements for the Patient Assistance Program
For a Merck medicine that is covered under the Patient Assistance Program, you may be eligible if all of the following conditions apply:
- You are a US resident (You do not have to be a US citizen) and have a prescription for a Merck medicine from a health care provider (HCP) licensed in the United States
- You do not have insurance or other coverage for your prescription medicine. You must have tried all other insurance options for coverage. Some examples of other insurance coverage include private insurance, HMOs, Medicaid, Medicare, state pharmacy assistance programs, veterans assistance, and any other social service agency support
- You cannot afford to pay for your medicine. You may qualify for the program if you have a household income that meets certain financial eligibility requirements. For details, call 800-727-5400 or visit merckhelps.com
If you do not meet the prescription drug coverage criteria, and there are special circumstances of financial and medical hardship that apply to your situation, you can request that an exception be made for you, provided your income meets the enrollment criteria
Prescription drug savings can make a significant difference in managing healthcare costs. Merck’s patient support programs provide valuable resources for eligible individuals seeking financial assistance and access to necessary medications and vaccines. By exploring the available options, researching eligibility, and utilizing the appropriate programs, patients can alleviate some of the financial burdens associated with prescription drugs. Remember to consult with your healthcare provider and utilize the resources provided by Merck to ensure you’re making the most informed decisions about your healthcare.
NowPatient has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all material is factually accurate, complete, and current. However, the knowledge and experience of a qualified healthcare professional should always be sought after instead of using the information in this page. Before taking any drug, you should always speak to your doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
The information provided here about medications is subject to change and is not meant to include all uses, precautions, warnings, directions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or negative effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a particular medication does not imply that the medication or medication combination is appropriate for all patients or for all possible purposes.
WHY WE BUILT NOWPATIENT
To improve the lives of everyone by making high-quality care accessible and convenient
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features and resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. NowPatient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.
Download our app today
Can I trust NowPatient
Meet our medical review team
Trustworthy and reliable medical content authored and reviewed by our experienced team of medical professionals from the United Kingdom and the United States. Learn more about our team and our editorial process by clicking on the buttons below.