A world of healthcare at your fingertips
Now Patient is connected directly to your GP practice meaning you can view and order your NHS repeat prescriptions once you have joined. Now Patient makes managing your prescriptions easy, with regular status updates, a 7 days a week delivery service and photographic proof of delivery.
- Step 1Create your accountCreate your account securely using your Email or NHS Login.
- Step 2Medications importedNow Patient connects to your NHS prescription records and pulls your available prescriptions.
- Step 3Order medicationWhen you place an order, your GP will be notified to approve your prescription.
- Step 4Medication dispensedAs soon as your prescription is approved by your GP. Our pharmacists will dispense your medication.
- Step 5Medication shippedOnce your medication is checked against your prescription, it is securely packaged and ready to ship. You get to track your order.
- Step 6It doesn't end thereNow Patient is packed with useful features such as FREE symptoms checker, health education resources, private testing services, NHS remote services and lot more.
Now Patient is the UK’s first regulated digital health service that uses predictive analytics and artificial intelligence to provide you with personalised care and FREE resources that can help improve your health outcomes.
- Coming soon!Personalised health risksUsing evidence-based artificial intelligence and machine learning, we are able to provide you with a personalised health assessment which can give you insights into your individual risks to long term conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Coming soon!NHS prescriptionsNow Patient is connected directly with your GP through the NHS. This means your medication records are ‘accessed’ from the NHS and can be ordered on the App. All deliveries are FREE and tracked using Royal Mail Tracked 48, 7 days a week.
- Coming soon!Book an appointment with your GPWe are connected directly to your GP through the NHS. This means you can book appointments with your GP directly from the App. Bookings can be made 14 days in advance.
- Coming soon!Video consultations in a live, real-time settingNow Patient is the UK’s only pharmacist-led video consultation service. As a member of Now Patient, you will have FREE access to your own team of clinicians. What’s more, you can specify the gender and language of the clinician before you book your consultation.
- Coming soon!FREE symptoms checkerNow Patient’s symptom checker is the most capable and sophisticated self-triage tool. It is designed by doctors and is Safe and Free to use. With the advantage of being 100% anonymous, you’ll receive a report that includes the possible causes of your symptoms and Information to help you decide the best next steps including discussing the results with a Now Patient clinician in a real time setting.
- Coming soon!Community forumsWe’ve teamed up with clinicians, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and health care charities to create a ‘space’ for our users to connect and learn. You’ll have access to a wide range of rooms that relate to your conditions or interests.
- Coming soon!Handy medication reminders1 in 5 adults miss taking their prescribed medication. We offer the UK’s smartest reminder service that prompts you when to take your medication dose. We can even set up family reminders, so if you forget to take your medicine someone close to you will be notified to help you get back on track.
- Coming soon!Access important information like test results without needing to contact your GP practiceNow Patient connects securely and directly to your NHS records allowing you to seamlessly access information such as test results, vaccination records, allergies, and details of previous GP consultations.
- Coming soon!The UK’s first digital precision medicines serviceNow Patient provides the UK's first private pharmacogenetics testing service. Our report gives you information about how your DNA variants may influence your body’s ability to process certain medications.
- Coming soon!Convenience of NHS pharmacy servicesNow Patient is commissioned by the NHS to provide various services that you may benefit from. Simply book an NHS video consultation with a pharmacist of your choice and access FREE services including Stop smoking, New Medicines Service, and Healthy Living advice.
- Coming soon!Link family members for added convenienceNow Patient allows you to create sub-accounts. This feature lets you add your loved ones to the service and manage their medications, on their behalf. This can be useful for elderly relatives or young children.
- Coming soon!Health information & educationWe have partnered with the NHS to bring you various health information resources. This includes information about Healthy Living, Medicines A-Z, and Conditions A-Z. This authoritative NHS content is trusted and reliable, unlike some other information searched on the internet.
- Coming soon!Safe and secureAll data is secure and encrypted in transmission and at rest using AES-256 encryption, with restricted access. We also have additional protocols such as transparent data encryption (TDE). We are compliant with ISO 27001 and cyber essentials standards.
- Coming soon!Free tracked deliveryWe cover all delivery costs, so you and the NHS pay nothing. The most popular service we use is Royal Mail Tracked 48. You will be given a tracking code that you can use to track the whereabouts of your parcel, including photographic evidence of delivery. Deliveries are usually made within 72 hours from receipt of the prescription.
Now Patient’s clinically reviewed healthcare and wellbeing articles are packed with useful information, keeping you updated with the latest news and trends, because good healthcare starts with patient education.
Our team of highly skilled clinicians write and review content that is both factual and engaging. We even personalise what you see, based on your health profile and potential risks.
- Heart Health
- General Health
- CoronavirusThe latest health advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19)16 Jan 2023
- Cold11 ways to try and swerve the flu this Winter5 Dec 2019
- Cold10 ways to try and swerve the flu this Autumn13 Dec 2018
- General Health7 ways to energise without caffeine12 Jan 2023
- General Health6 reasons why being in Love is good for your health13 Feb 2020
- General HealthAntibiotic Resistance19 Jan 2023
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)Are you at risk of COPD?23 Nov 2018
We love our patients and we want everyone to be healthy and happy. That’s what keeps us going. See what some of them have to say about us.
Now Patient is the UK’s first regulated digital health service that uses predictive analytics and artificial intelligence to provide you with personalised care and resources that can help improve your health outcomes, FREE of charge.
Now Patient personalises the services made available to you, based on your health profile and potential risks. With features such as risk calculators, you can see how likely you are to develop certain long-term conditions. Using our video consultations in a live, real-time setting, you can discuss any aspect of your health or access NHS services from our team of qualified pharmacists and specialist clinicians, whom you can choose based on gender or language. With a comprehensive range of FREE healthcare resources, Now Patient will always ensure you are in control of your health.
Prescriptions, healthcare resources & live video consultations all in one place for FREE
Now Patient has a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that is triggered if our systems are down. The aim of our BCP is to ensure that there is no significant disruption to the delivery of the health care services provided by Now Patient and that the pharmacy contributes effectively to civil emergencies where appropriate. ISO 22301 defines business continuity as:
“The capability of the organisation to continue delivery of products or services at acceptable predefined levels following a disruptive incident”