MILLINETTE 20/75 ®
With NowPatient's private treatment plans you can treat Combined Oral Contraceptive Pills with MILLINETTE 20/75 ® safely and easily in a few simple steps. Get started by selecting the medication you are interested in or by hitting the start consultation button below.
We connect you to a prescribing clinician by secure video link who will spend time with you to understand your requirements and ensure that MILLINETTE 20/75 ® is appropriate, safe and effective for you. The consultation is FREE and you only ever pay for the medication, if it is prescribed. Medications are supplied and delivered discreetly by NowPatient.
The MHRA's reporting program for suspected side effects to medicines, vaccines, e-cigarettes, medical device incidents, defective or falsified (fake) products to the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency to ensure safe and effective use.Learn more about reporting side effects
Other known brand names
Microgynon, Femodette, Rigevidon,Yasmin, Gedarel
About Millinette 20/75
Millinette 20/75 is a combined contraceptive pill used to provide protection against pregnancy. It contains gestodene, a progesterone and ethinylestradiol, an oestrogen as its active ingredients.
Millinette 20/75 works by stopping the release of an egg each month from the ovaries, preventing ovulation during the menstrual cycle. It also thickens cervical mucus, making it more difficult for sperm to pass through the cervix, and makes the lining of the womb thinner, so fertilised eggs are less likely to implant in the uterus wall.
Now Patient offers the Millinette 20/75 birth control pills for the prevention of pregnancy only, following an online consultation with a prescribing clinician.
Key facts of Millinette 20/75
- For the prevention of pregnancy
- There is no evidence that the Millinette pill causes weight gain
- Millinette 20/75 has some common side effects which include headache and migraine
- It can be dangerous if you take Millinette 20/75 with certain medications. If you’re not sure if it is safe, discuss this with the prescribing clinician
- Millinette 20/75 will not prevent the transmission of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
Who is Millinette 20/75 not suitable for?
Millinette 20/75 may not be suitable for some people. To make sure it’s safe for you, speak to the prescribing clinician before taking Millinette 20/75 if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients gestodene or ethinylestradiol, or inactive ingredients such as lactose, sucrose, talc, or calcium carbonate
- Have ever had a blood clot in the leg or lungs
- Have a family history of heart attacks or stroke
- Have ever had angina or transient ischaemic attack
- Suffer from migraines with aura
- Have a liver disease or any other liver problems
- Have kidney failure
- Have ever had breast cancer or cancer of the cervix, vagina or uterus
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have suffered from jaundice, pemphigoid gestationis (a rash involving blisters of the hands and feet), or pruritus while pregnant
- Have a family history of breast cancer
- Have diabetes
- Have Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Have haemolytic uraemic syndrome, high blood cholesterol, or sickle cell anaemia
- Have epilepsy
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus
How and where to get Millinette 20/75?
Millinette 20/75 is available with a prescription only. It is not available over the counter at a pharmacy.
Now Patient does not allow customers to buy Millinette 20/75 directly. Our service is certified, safe and effective, and we only ever treat conditions. If you book a consultation with one of our prescribers for a contraceptive, you can discuss if Millinette 20/75 is a suitable treatment option for you.
At the end of the consultation, the clinician will decide if a treatment plan is suitable for you. If it is, the clinician will issue you with a prescription which can then be ordered, paid for and delivered directly to your chosen address by Now Patient.
Dosage and strength for Millinette 20/75 for contraception
Millinette 20/75 pills contain 75 micrograms of gestodene and 20 micrograms of ethinylestradiol. Millinette 30/75 pills contain 75 micrograms of gestodene and 30 micrograms of ethinylestradiol.
Information about how to take Millinette 20/75 for contraception
Take 1 Millinette 20/75 tablet each day, at the same time for 21 days. After 21 days, you will take a 7 day break from taking Millinette 20/75 tablets. You should expect a withdrawal bleed during your pill-free week. Start a new pack of Millinette 20/75 tablets on day 8. Take your first tablet in order of the day of the week and follow the directions printed on the pack.
If you forget to take a Millinette 20/75 tablet, take the missed pill as soon as you are able to do so. You will need to use extra precautions such as a condom for the next 7 days. Also, read the patient information leaflet or speak to a healthcare professional if you need further medical advice.
What happens if you take too much Millinette 20/75?
If you take more than prescribed, then it can lead to some unpleasant side effects. You should talk to your doctor or reach out to one of our prescribing clinicians, if you have taken too much Millinette 20/75 and you experience any of the following side effects.
What are the side effects of Millinette 20/75?
Side effects of Millinette 20/75 are split into common and serious.
Common side effects include:
- Breast tenderness
- Breast pain
- Weight changes
- Irregular bleeding between periods
- Mood swings
- Headache and migraine
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal thrush
- High blood pressure
- Hair loss
Serious side effects include:
- Increased risk of blood clots
- Cervical cancer
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
If you experience any serious side effects, you should contact NHS 111.
If you experience a serious allergic reaction with the signs shown below you should contact emergency services on 999.
- Your lips, mouth, throat or tongue suddenly become swollen
- You’re breathing very fast or struggling to breathe (you may become very wheezy or feel like you’re choking or gasping for air)
- Your throat feels tight or you’re struggling to swallow
- Your skin, tongue or lips turn blue, grey or pale (if you have black or brown skin, this may be easier to see on the palms of your hands or soles of your feet)
- You suddenly become very confused, drowsy or dizzy
- Someone faints and cannot be woken up
Always report adverse effects to the MHRA yellow card reporting system. You can read more about this here How and where do I report side effects of my medication? – NowPatient
Information about taking Millinette 20/75 at the same time as other medications or herbal supplements
There is not enough evidence to suggest there are any drug interactions between herbal supplements and Millinette 20/75. In any event, you should let your prescribing clinician know if you are taking any herbal supplements or other medications such as:
- Epilepsy treatments – phenytoin or carbamazepine
- HIV medicines – ritonavir
- Hepatitis C medicines – telaprevir or boceprevir
- Antifungal medicines – ketoconazole or griseofulvin
- St John’s Wort
- Medicines for high blood pressure, chest pain or irregular heartbeats – diltiazem or verapamil
Why might Millinette 20/75 not work for contraception?
Millinette 20/75 may not work for you and common reasons may be:
- Missed pills
- Taking other medicines that interfere with Millinette 20/75
- Millinette 20/75 not being absorbed due to vomiting and diarrhoea
Can Millinette 20/75 taken for contraception be taken long term?
Using medication like Millinette 20/75 is safe, provided your doctor has approved it. You should speak to your doctor when deciding to stay on hormonal contraception long term.
Is there a herbal Millinette 20/75?
No. Herbal Millinette 20/75 does not exist. If you have been marketed such a formulation, it may be fake.
Can women use Millinette 20/75?
Women can take Millinette 20/75 for contraception, but it is not advised when breast-feeding. Speak to your doctor if you are considering taking Millinette 20/75 while you are breast-feeding.
Should I avoid any particular food or drink when taking Millinette 20/75?
You can eat and drink normally when taking Millinette 20/75
Alternatives to Millinette 20/75
Alternative methods of contraception include:
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Oral birth control pills (combined oral contraceptive pill and progestogen only pill)
- Vaginal rings
- Barrier method – condoms, diaphragms
- Tubal ligation and vasectomy
- Emergency contraception
NowPatient has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all material is factually accurate, complete, and current. However, the knowledge and experience of a qualified healthcare professional should always be sought after instead of using the information in this page. Before taking any drug, you should always speak to your doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
The information provided here about medications is subject to change and is not meant to include all uses, precautions, warnings, directions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or negative effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a particular medication does not imply that the medication or medication combination is appropriate for all patients or for all possible purposes.
People also asked
Is Millinette a good contraceptive pill?
Which contraceptive pill is best in UK?
Is Millinette 20 or 30 better?
Can Millinette cause anxiety?
Which contraceptive is best in the world?
What is the safest contraceptive pill to take?
Which combined pill has the least side effects?
Which brand of combined pill is best?
Which contraceptives are 100% effective?
Which birth control pill has the lowest risk of blood clots?
Should I come off the combined pill?
Do different brands of the pill have different side effects?
Are all combined pills the same?
What are the side effects of Millinette pill?
What are the disadvantages of the pill?
Which contraceptive has the most side effects?
What are the benefits of Millinette?
Which birth control pill has the least side effects?
What is the most common side effect of the pill?
Can the pill have positive side effects?
Is the contraceptive pill bad for you long term?
What is the difference between Millinette 20 and 30?
What are the benefits of not being on birth control?
Does the Millinette pill cause weight gain?
Does Millinette cause depression?
Does contraceptive cause belly fat?
Which contraceptive causes the most weight gain?
Why am I gaining so much weight on the pill?
Does the pill increase body fat?
Can the pill cause weight loss?
Can the pill make you hungry?
Does the pill cause a woman to gain weight?
Does weight affect birth control side effects?
Can you buy Millinette over the counter?
Can you drink alcohol on Millinette?
What is the equivalent of Millinette?
What is the best pill to take for contraception?
What strength is the Millinette pill?
What contraceptive pill can you get over the counter?
Can I get the contraceptive pill from the chemist?
Can I get the pill anywhere?
Can you get birth control pills anywhere?
Can I buy the Yasmin pill from a pharmacy?
WHY WE BUILT NOWPATIENT
To improve the lives of everyone by making high-quality care accessible and convenient
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features and resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. NowPatient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.
Download our app today
Can I trust NowPatient
Meet our medical review team
Trustworthy and reliable medical content authored and reviewed by our experienced team of medical professionals from the United Kingdom and the United States. Learn more about our team and our editorial process by clicking on the buttons below.