Prescription drugs play a crucial role in maintaining and improving our health. However, the rising cost of medications can be a significant barrier for many patients. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, believe that everyone should have access to the medicines they need, regardless of their financial situation. That’s why they have developed a variety of programs to support patients and make it easier for them to afford their medications.
Co-Pay Assistance Program: Affordable access to medicines
One of the ways Novartis strives to make medications more affordable is through our co-pay assistance program. This program is designed to help patients with commercial insurance who are struggling to afford their prescription drugs. Eligible patients pay no more than USD 30 for a 30-day prescription, which is equivalent to just USD 1 per day. This applies to the majority of our branded and biosimilar products, including our cancer portfolio.
The co-pay assistance program can be used for both retail and mail-order prescriptions, providing flexibility and convenience for patients. By significantly reducing the financial burden of medication costs, we aim to ensure that patients can continue their treatment without sacrificing their financial well-being.
How the Co-Pay Assistance Program Works
To participate in the co-pay assistance program, patients must meet certain eligibility criteria and submit the necessary documentation. Once approved, they can enjoy the benefits of affordable access to their prescribed medications and reduced out-of-pocket costs.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how the co-pay assistance program works:
- Check Eligibility: Patients should verify their eligibility for the program by reviewing the specific requirements outlined by Novartis
- Submit Application: Patients need to complete and submit the application form along with any required supporting documents
- Approval Process: Novartis reviews the application and supporting documents to determine eligibility. This process is typically completed within a specified timeframe
- Co-Pay Assistance: Once approved, patients can start benefiting from the co-pay assistance program. They will pay no more than USD 30 for a 30-day prescription of eligible Novartis medications
- Retail or Mail Order: Patients have the option to choose between retail or mail-order pharmacies for their prescriptions, ensuring convenience and accessibility
The medications currently available on the Co-pay Assistance program are:
- DIOVAN HCT®
(valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide USP)
(sacubitril and valsartan) tablets
(interferon beta-1b) for injection
(canakinumab) for injection
(mycophenolic acid) delayed-release tablets
(cyclosporine capsules, USP) MODIFIED
(cyclosporine capsules, USP)
Patient Assistance Programs
Novartis offers patient assistance programs to help uninsured or underinsured patients access the medications they need. These programs provide free or reduced-cost medications to eligible individuals who meet the specified criteria. By removing financial barriers, Novartis aims to ensure that no patient is left without essential treatments. In collaboration with the National Patient Advocate Foundation (NPAF), an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, they ensure that patients in the United States and U.S. Territories receive the treatment they require.
To be eligible for the Novartis Patient Assistance Program, patients must meet certain criteria:
- Residency: Patients must reside in the United States or a U.S. Territory
- Healthcare Provider: Patients must be treated by a licensed U.S. healthcare provider on an outpatient basis
- Income and Affordability: Patients must meet the income and affordability guidelines set by the program
It’s important to note that the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific Novartis medication. To determine your eligibility, please refer to the product-specific requirements for each medication.
Enrolling in the Novartis Patient Assistance Program is a straightforward process. Here’s how it works:
- Duration: Once enrolled, patients are eligible to receive Novartis medications at no cost for up to 12 months
- Annual Re-Enrollment: To continue receiving free medications, patients must re-enroll in the program on an annual basis
- Medication Selection: Patients are required to select their desired medication(s) from the provided list
- Product-Specific Requirements: Each medication may have specific requirements that need to be met. These requirements will be detailed in the product-specific guidelines
- Application: Patients must follow the provided directions to apply for the Novartis Patient Assistance Program
The medications currently available on the Patient Assistance Program are:
- Adakveo® (crizanlizumab-tmca)
- Afinitor® (everolimus)
- Afinitor Disperz® (everolimus suspension)
- Beovu® (brolucizumab-dbll) Injection
- Coartem® (artemether and lumefantrine)
- Cosentyx® (secukinumab)
- Entresto™ (sacubitril/valsartan)
- Fabhalta® (iptacopan)
- Gilenya® (fingolimod)
- Ilaris® (canakinumab)
- Jadenu ® (deferasirox)
- Jadenu® Sprinkle (deferasirox) granules
- Kesimpta® (ofatumumab)
- Kisqali® (ribociclib)
- Kisqali® Femara® Co-Pack (ribociclib and letrozole) tablets
- Lutathera® (lutetium Lu 177 dotatate)
- Mekinist® (trametinib)
- Piqray® (alpelisib)
- Pluvicto® (177Lu-PSMA-617)
- Promacta® (eltrombopag)
- RYDAPT® (midostaurin)
- SANDOSTATIN LAR® DEPOT (octreotide acetate)
- Scemblix® (asciminib) tablets
- Tabrecta™ (capmatinib)
- Tafinlar® (dabrafenib)
- Tasigna® (nilotinib)
- Tykerb® (lapatinib)
- Vijoice® (alpelisib)
- Votrient® (pazopanib)
- ZYKADIA® (ceritinib)
Financial support and savings cards
To further alleviate the financial burden of medication costs, Novartis provides financial support and savings cards. These programs offer discounts or rebates on eligible medications, allowing patients to save money on their prescriptions. By partnering with pharmacies and healthcare providers, Novartis ensures that these savings are accessible to a wide range of patients.
Novartis is committed to making medications affordable for all patients. Through initiatives like the Co-Pay Assistance Program and partnerships with patient assistance programs, they are actively addressing the issue of high drug costs. By reducing the financial burden on patients, Novartis is ensuring that individuals can access the medications they require to manage their health conditions effectively. Affordable medications are crucial in improving health outcomes and enhancing the overall well-being of patients.
NowPatient has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all material is factually accurate, complete, and current. However, the knowledge and experience of a qualified healthcare professional should always be sought after instead of using the information in this page. Before taking any drug, you should always speak to your doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
The information provided here about medications is subject to change and is not meant to include all uses, precautions, warnings, directions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or negative effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a particular medication does not imply that the medication or medication combination is appropriate for all patients or for all possible purposes.
WHY WE BUILT NOWPATIENT
To improve the lives of everyone by making high-quality care accessible and convenient
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features and resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. NowPatient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.
Download our app today
Can I trust NowPatient
Meet our medical review team
Trustworthy and reliable medical content authored and reviewed by our experienced team of medical professionals from the United Kingdom and the United States. Learn more about our team and our editorial process by clicking on the buttons below.