Here’s how you can walk your way to a £350 reward
If getting fitter and healthier in 2024 is one of your New Year’s resolutions, then this is the challenge for you. Here at NowPatient, we are giving you the opportunity to turn your steps into a brand-new Garmin watch. All you need to do is join our challenge and walk at least 250km over January.
Does 250km sound like a lot? Well, the average person should be doing around 10,000 steps a day, equivalent to approximately 8km each day. Therefore, if you can hit the recommended number of steps each day, you can be in with a chance to win a Garmin Forerunner 2555 Music.
Walking is one of the best forms of exercise. Research shows that walking 10,000 steps daily can reduce the risk of cancer, stroke, and heart failure. Walking also reduces stress, improves mental health, and improves cognitive function and memory. Also, if losing weight is one of your resolutions, then walking can help facilitate healthy weight loss.
If you want to experience all of these benefits and have a chance to win the Garmin watch, track a total of 250km of distance from walking over January on Strava or your favourite fitness tracking app. Everyone who has joined, completed our challenge and shared their January results on X (formerly Twitter) with the hashtag ‘#nowpatientstepchallenge’ or via the form below on NowPatient’s site will be entered into a draw, where a lucky winner will be randomly selected.
- The promoter is NowPatient, Infohealth LTD d.b.a NowPatient, 28 Chipstead Valley Road, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR52RA
- To enter the Competition, entrants must: Share their January fitness stats on X (formerly Twitter) along with the county they are from and their age, using the hashtag #nowpatientstepchallenge or by entering via the form on the NowPatient site.
- There will be only one winner.
- There will be no runner-ups.
- Eligibility requirements – only UK residents will be considered qualifying entrants.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over, except employees of NowPatient and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The entry must be the entrant’s own achievements.
- No entry fee or purchase is necessary to enter this competition, just an account on Strava.
- The prize includes a Garmin Forerunner 2555 Music, which is non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winner.
- The winner will be shared on NowPatient’s website and social channels.
- By entering this competition, an entrant indicates their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entrants agree to their entry being used for any publicity materials. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Closing date is 11.59 pm on 07/02/24. Entrees made after this time will not be counted.
- The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
NowPatient has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all material is factually accurate, complete, and current. However, the knowledge and experience of a qualified healthcare professional should always be sought after instead of using the information in this page. Before taking any drug, you should always speak to your doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
The information provided here about medications is subject to change and is not meant to include all uses, precautions, warnings, directions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or negative effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a particular medication does not imply that the medication or medication combination is appropriate for all patients or for all possible purposes.
WHY WE BUILT NOWPATIENT
To improve the lives of everyone by making high-quality care accessible and convenient
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features and resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. NowPatient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.
Download our app today
Can I trust NowPatient
Meet our medical review team
Trustworthy and reliable medical content authored and reviewed by our experienced team of medical professionals from the United Kingdom and the United States. Learn more about our team and our editorial process by clicking on the buttons below.