Fluticasone-salmeterolPrices, Coupons & Savings
Mail Order Pharmacy
- MedicationYou saveUS ONLY
- Fluticasone-SalmeterolGeneric for Advair DiskusRx250mcg-50mcg60 doses aerosol powders $60.5 USD60 doses aerosol powders $60.5 USDSave $229.00
- Fluticasone-SalmeterolGeneric for Advair DiskusRx100mcg-50mcg60 doses aerosol powders $60.5 USD60 doses aerosol powders $60.5 USDSave $229.00
- Fluticasone-SalmeterolGeneric for Advair DiskusRx500mcg-50mcg60 doses aerosol powders $112.25 USD60 doses aerosol powders $112.25 USDSave $466.75
- Fluticasone-SalmeterolGeneric for Advair HFARx115-21 mcg/act12g aerosol inhalations $284.56 USD12g aerosol inhalations $284.56 USDSave $83.44
- Fluticasone-SalmeterolGeneric for Advair HFARx230-21 mcg/act12g aerosol inhalations $373.32 USD12g aerosol inhalations $373.32 USDSave $362.68
- Fluticasone-SalmeterolGeneric for Advair HFARx45-21 mcg/act12g aerosol inhalations $229.64 USD12g aerosol inhalations $229.64 USDSave $138.36
Do you need a prescription for fluticasone-salmeterol?
Yes, fluticasone-salmeterol is only available with a valid physician Rx.
How much is fluticasone-salmeterol without Insurance in the US?
Our website gives two competitive savings options to US customers who wish to purchase fluticasone-salmeterol, as either a brand or generic, if available. The first is access to medications through our mail-order online pharmacy. The second is by using the Now Patient Rx Advantage Card, which can be used in over 65,000 pharmacies nationwide, across America. If you are insured, then in most cases, the cash price will be significantly cheaper than the copay.
What will my out-of-pocket cost be for fluticasone-salmeterol in the US?
There are no out-of-pocket (OOP) costs because we are currently only offering a cash-based option to purchase medications.
Is Now Patient a fluticasone-salmeterol savings card?
Yes. Save up to 90% on your fluticasone-salmeterol with the FREE Now Patient Rx Advantage card*.
*Based on the difference between the U&C submitted by the pharmacy and the price the patients pay.
Can you handle Rx transfers for home delivery in the US?
Yes. If you use the mail-order online pharmacy option, then we can handle requests by you to have your prescription transferred to our pharmacy for home delivery. We can even help you manage your refills by giving you timely reminders, so you do not run out of your medication.
Is Now Patient a fluticasone-salmeterol coupon provider in the US?
No. Now Patient does not provide fluticasone-salmeterol coupons or FREE fluticasone-salmeterol samples.
Do you accept commercial, Medicare or Medicaid coverage for fluticasone-salmeterol in the US?
No. Currently, we only offer cash-based options for purchase, therefore we do not require your insurance benefit details. In the future, our plan is to be able to handle commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid including cases where you have multiple health plans that provide benefit coverage (e.g. Medicaid and Commercial). We also anticipate being able to handle more complex scenarios such as using primary insurance combined with a manufacturer copay assistance program.
Does Now Patient work with Medicare?
Our cash-based prices for medications are typically cheaper than Medicare copays. We do not bill Medicare Part D (standalone drug coverage) or Medicare Advantage (combined health and drug coverage). When you purchase your medication from Now Patient, you will be doing so out of your pocket. The spend will not count towards your plan deductibles or gaps.
Does Now Patient work with Commercial Insurance?
Our cash-based prices for medications are typically cheaper than commercial plan copays. We do not bill your commercial plan. When you purchase your medication from Now Patient, you will be doing so out of your pocket. The spend will not count towards your plan deductibles or gaps.
What should you do if you use too much fluticasone-salmeterol?
Call your doctor right away or seek immediate medical attention if your symptoms do not improve or they become worse after using fluticasone-salmeterol. You can also call 800-222-1222 to reach the American Association of Poison Control Centers or use its online resource if you think you’ve used too much fluticasone-salmeterol. But if you have severe symptoms, call 911 (or your local emergency number) immediately or go to the nearest emergency room.
If you think it is an emergency, call 999 or find your nearest A&E
If you need help now, but it’s not an emergency go to 111.nhs.uk or call 111. Alternatively you can speak to one of our pharmacists or use the Now Patient app to make an appointment with your GP.
What should I do if I miss my dose?
There are occasions when people forget to take their medication at correct prescribed times. This may not only have an effect on potentially making the medication less effective but it may also inadvertently lead to taking doses too close together, thereby increasing the risks of side effects.
Click here to find out what to do if you forgot to take your medication
What is generic fluticasone-salmeterol?
Generic fluticasone-salmeterol refers to the non-brand-name version of the medication. It contains the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug but is typically less expensive.
FDA approval of fluticasone-salmeterol
Fluticasone-salmeterol is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Active ingredients of fluticasone-salmeterol
Fluticasone-salmeterol contains two active ingredients: fluticasone propionate and salmeterol xinafoate.
US brand name of fluticasone-salmeterol and manufacturer
Fluticasone-salmeterol is available under various brand names in the US, including Advair HFA and AirDuo RespiClick. These medications are manufactured by different pharmaceutical companies.
UK brand name of fluticasone-salmeterol and manufacturer
In the UK, fluticasone-salmeterol is available under various brand names, including Advair Diskus, and the manufacturers may vary.
Prescription requirement for fluticasone-salmeterol
A prescription (Rx) is required for fluticasone-salmeterol in both the US and the UK.
Availability of fluticasone-salmeterol in the UK with NHS prescription
Fluticasone-salmeterol is available in the UK with an NHS prescription.
Conditions treated by fluticasone-salmeterol
Fluticasone-salmeterol is used to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It helps to improve breathing and reduce symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, and coughing.
How does fluticasone-salmeterol work?
Fluticasone-salmeterol combines two different types of medications: an inhaled corticosteroid (fluticasone) and a long-acting beta-agonist (salmeterol). Fluticasone reduces inflammation in the airways, while salmeterol relaxes the muscles in the airways, allowing for better airflow.
Forms of fluticasone-salmeterol available
Fluticasone-salmeterol is available as an inhalation powder and an inhalation aerosol.
Dosage of fluticasone-salmeterol
The dosage of fluticasone-salmeterol may vary depending on the specific condition being treated, the severity of symptoms, and individual patient factors. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage instructions provided by the healthcare provider.
If you miss a dose, skip the missed dose. Use your next dose at the regular time. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Directions for fluticasone-salmeterol use
Fluticasone-salmeterol should be used exactly as directed by the healthcare provider. It is typically used on a regular basis to prevent symptoms and should not be used for acute asthma attacks.
Keep this medicine at room temperature. Protect from moisture and high humidity.
Warnings and precautions for fluticasone-salmeterol
- Fluticasone-salmeterol should not be used as a rescue medication for sudden breathing problems
- Patients should not be started on salmeterol/fluticasone propionate during an exacerbation, or if they have significantly worsening or acutely deteriorating asthma
- Fluticasone and salmeterol may increase the risk that you will develop glaucoma or cataracts. You will probably need to have regular eye exams during your treatment with fluticasone and salmeterol
- Fluticasone and salmeterol may increase your risk of developing osteoporosis. Talk to your doctor about the risks of using this medication
- Your doctor may have you monitor your lung function while you take this drug. You may be asked to record your symptoms or monitor how well your lungs are working
- Call your healthcare provider if you have an increase in blood pressure, fast or irregular heartbeat or chest pain
- It may increase the risk of asthma-related death, particularly in patients with severe asthma
Here are some possible interactions of fluticasone-salmeterol with other medications:
- Beta-blockers: Fluticasone-salmeterol contains salmeterol, which is a long-acting beta-agonist (LABA). It should not be used in combination with non-selective beta-blockers such as propranolol, as they can counteract each other’s effects and potentially lead to severe bronchospasm
- Antifungal medications: Certain antifungal drugs like ketoconazole, itraconazole, and voriconazole can increase the levels of fluticasone-salmeterol in the body. This can potentially lead to an increased risk of side effects. It is important to inform your healthcare provider if you are taking any antifungal medications
- HIV medications: Some antiretroviral medications used to treat HIV, such as ritonavir or cobicistat, can also increase the levels of fluticasone-salmeterol in the body. This can increase the risk of side effects. It is crucial to inform your healthcare provider if you are taking any HIV medications
- Other inhaled medications: Combining fluticasone-salmeterol with other inhaled medications that contain similar ingredients, such as other long-acting beta-agonists or corticosteroids, may increase the risk of side effects. It is important to inform your healthcare provider if you are using any other inhalers or respiratory medications
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs): Fluticasone-salmeterol should not be used in combination with MAOIs, as it can increase the risk of cardiovascular side effects such as increased heart rate or high blood pressure. It is important to inform your healthcare provider if you are taking any MAOIs
- Diuretics: Fluticasone-salmeterol may interact with certain diuretics, such as loop diuretics like furosemide, causing electrolyte imbalances or changes in potassium levels. Your healthcare provider should monitor your electrolyte levels if you are taking diuretics while using fluticasone-salmeterol
Tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking.
Use of fluticasone-salmeterol during pregnancy
Fluticasone-salmeterol should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks. Consultation with a healthcare provider is necessary to discuss the specific situation.
Use of fluticasone-salmeterol while breastfeeding
Fluticasone-salmeterol can pass into breast milk, but the amount is likely to be low. Consultation with a healthcare provider is necessary to discuss the specific situation.
Possible side effects of fluticasone-salmeterol
Here are some of the common side effects associated with fluticasone-salmeterol:
- Thrush: One of the most common side effects of fluticasone-salmeterol is oral thrush, which is a fungal infection in the mouth. This occurs when the steroid component of the medication suppresses the immune system, allowing the fungus to overgrow. Rinsing the mouth with water after each use can help prevent thrush
- Hoarseness, sore throat, dry mouth or voice changes: Some individuals may experience hoarseness or changes in their voice while using fluticasone-salmeterol. This is due to the steroid component of the medication affecting the vocal cords. It is usually temporary and resolves after discontinuing the medication
- Headache: Headaches can occur as a side effect of fluticasone-salmeterol. If the headaches persist or become severe, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional
- Cough or throat irritation: The use of fluticasone-salmeterol may cause a cough or throat irritation in some individuals. This is usually temporary and can be managed by drinking plenty of fluids and using throat lozenges
Serious side effects are rare but can include allergic reactions, worsening asthma symptoms, and increased risk of pneumonia.
Similar drugs to fluticasone-salmeterol
Other combination inhalers used to treat asthma and COPD include budesonide-formoterol, fluticasone-vilanterol, and mometasone-formoterol.
- FDA Prescribing Information for Fluticasone-Salmeterol
- MHRA product information for Fluticasone-Salmeterol
- NHS UK
Now Patient has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all material is factually accurate, complete, and current. However, the knowledge and experience of a qualified healthcare professional should always be sought after instead of using the information in this page. Before taking any drug, you should always speak to your doctor or another qualified healthcare provider.
The information provided here about medications is subject to change and is not meant to include all uses, precautions, warnings, directions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or negative effects. The absence of warnings or other information for a particular medication does not imply that the medication or medication combination is appropriate for all patients or for all possible purposes.
About Now Patient
Now Patient’s online services are available in the US and UK. We help you manage your prescriptions, doctor appointments, test results, health risks, and a lot more, all in one place for FREE. If you are in the United States, you could enjoy savings using Now Patient’s mail-order pharmacy or use the Now Patient Rx Advantage Card at over 65,000 pharmacies, with savings of up to 90% on popular FDA-approved brand and generic medications like Ozempic, Mounjaro, clopidogrel and lots more. We do not currently handle commercial insurance, Medicare or Medicaid. UK NHS and private prescriptions are delivered FREE of charge across England & Wales by our UK NHS online pharmacy.
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features & resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. Not play by the rules. Now Patient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.