HydrocortisonePrices, Coupons & Savings
Mail Order Pharmacy
- MedicationYou saveUS ONLY
- HydrocortisoneGeneric for HytoneRx2.50%28.35g tube of creams $5.24 USD28.35g tube of creams $5.24 USDSave $11.58
- HydrocortisoneGeneric for HytoneRx2.50%28.35g tube of ointments $6.27 USD28.35g tube of ointments $6.27 USDSave $10.55
- HydrocortisoneGeneric for Preparation HRx1%28.4g tube of creams $4.49 USD28.4g tube of creams $4.49 USDSave $21.08
- Hydrocortisone PerianalGeneric for Anusol-HCRx2.50%30g tube of creams $7.6 USD30g tube of creams $7.6 USDSave $72.94
- Hydrocortisone ValerateGeneric for WestcortRx0.20%15g tube of creams $7.02 USD15g tube of creams $7.02 USDSave $76.43
Do you need a prescription for hydrocortisone?
Yes, hydrocortisone is only available with a valid physician Rx.
How much is hydrocortisone without Insurance in the US?
Our website gives two competitive savings options to US customers who wish to purchase hydrocortisone, as either a brand or generic, if available. The first is access to medications through our mail-order online pharmacy. The second is by using the Now Patient Rx Advantage Card, which can be used in over 65,000 pharmacies nationwide, across America. If you are insured, then in most cases, the cash price will be significantly cheaper than the copay.
What will my out-of-pocket cost be for hydrocortisone in the US?
There are no out-of-pocket (OOP) costs because we are currently only offering a cash-based option to purchase medications.
Is Now Patient a hydrocortisone savings card?
Yes. Save up to 90% on your hydrocortisone with the FREE Now Patient Rx Advantage card*.
*Based on the difference between the U&C submitted by the pharmacy and the price the patients pay.
Can you handle Rx transfers for home delivery in the US?
Yes. If you use the mail-order online pharmacy option, then we can handle requests by you to have your prescription transferred to our pharmacy for home delivery. We can even help you manage your refills by giving you timely reminders, so you do not run out of your medication.
Is Now Patient a hydrocortisone coupon provider in the US?
No. Now Patient does not provide hydrocortisone coupons or FREE hydrocortisone samples.
Do you accept commercial, Medicare or Medicaid coverage for hydrocortisone in the US?
No. Currently, we only offer cash-based options for purchase, therefore we do not require your insurance benefit details. In the future, our plan is to be able to handle commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid including cases where you have multiple health plans that provide benefit coverage (e.g. Medicaid and Commercial). We also anticipate being able to handle more complex scenarios such as using primary insurance combined with a manufacturer copay assistance program.
Does Now Patient work with Medicare?
Our cash-based prices for medications are typically cheaper than Medicare copays. We do not bill Medicare Part D (standalone drug coverage) or Medicare Advantage (combined health and drug coverage). When you purchase your medication from Now Patient, you will be doing so out of your pocket. The spend will not count towards your plan deductibles or gaps.
Does Now Patient work with Commercial Insurance?
Our cash-based prices for medications are typically cheaper than commercial plan copays. We do not bill your commercial plan. When you purchase your medication from Now Patient, you will be doing so out of your pocket. The spend will not count towards your plan deductibles or gaps.
What should you do if you use too much hydrocortisone?
Call your doctor right away or seek immediate medical attention if your symptoms do not improve or they become worse after using hydrocortisone. You can also call 800-222-1222 to reach the American Association of Poison Control Centers or use its online resource if you think you’ve used too much hydrocortisone. But if you have severe symptoms, call 911 (or your local emergency number) immediately or go to the nearest emergency room.
If you think it is an emergency, call 999 or find your nearest A&E
If you need help now, but it’s not an emergency go to 111.nhs.uk or call 111. Alternatively you can speak to one of our pharmacists or use the Now Patient app to make an appointment with your GP.
What should I do if I miss my dose?
There are occasions when people forget to take their medication at correct prescribed times. This may not only have an effect on potentially making the medication less effective but it may also inadvertently lead to taking doses too close together, thereby increasing the risks of side effects.
Click here to find out what to do if you forgot to take your medication
What is hydrocortisone?
Hydrocortisone is a type of corticosteroid medication that is used to reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms associated with various skin conditions, including hemorrhoids. It is a synthetic form of cortisol, a hormone produced naturally by the adrenal glands.
FDA approval of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids
Hydrocortisone is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the temporary relief of itching and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids.
Active ingredient in hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids
The active ingredient in hydrocortisone formulations used for hemorrhoids is hydrocortisone acetate.
US brand names of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids and manufacturers
Hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids is available under various brand names in the US, including Preparation H, Anusol-HC, and Tucks Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch. These medications are manufactured by different pharmaceutical companies.
UK brand names of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids and manufacturers
In the UK, hydrocortisone formulations for hemorrhoids are available under various brand names, including Anusol-HC and Germoloids HC. The manufacturers may vary depending on the brand name.
Prescription requirement for hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids
Hydrocortisone formulations for hemorrhoids are available both over the counter and by prescription in the US. In the UK, some formulations may require a prescription, while others are available over the counter.
Availability of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids in the UK with NHS prescription
Hydrocortisone formulations for hemorrhoids may be available in the UK with an NHS prescription, although certain strengths or formulations may be available over the counter.
Here are some of the main uses of hydrocortisone:
- Hydrocortisone is widely used in various forms, such as creams, ointments, and lotions, to treat skin problems like eczema, contact dermatitis, psoriasis, and insect bites. It helps reduce inflammation, itching, and redness associated with these conditions
- Hydrocortisone topical can be used to alleviate symptoms of allergic reactions, including hives, itching, and swelling. It works by suppressing the immune response and reducing inflammation caused by allergens
- Inhaled hydrocortisone or corticosteroids are commonly prescribed for the management of asthma. These medications help reduce airway inflammation, making it easier to breathe and preventing asthma attacks
- Hydrocortisone can be administered orally, intravenously, or rectally to treat flare-ups of inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. It helps reduce inflammation in the digestive tract, alleviating symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, and rectal bleeding
- Individuals with adrenal insufficiency, a condition where the adrenal glands do not produce enough cortisol, may require hydrocortisone replacement therapy. Hydrocortisone tablets or injections are used to provide the body with the necessary cortisol levels and help manage symptoms like fatigue, low blood pressure, and weight loss
- Hydrocortisone injections or oral tablets can be used to manage symptoms of rheumatic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and gout. The medication helps reduce inflammation and pain associated with these conditions
- Hydrocortisone eye drops or ointments are sometimes prescribed to reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms of eye conditions such as conjunctivitis, uveitis, and allergic eye reactions
It is important to note that these are just some of the main uses of hydrocortisone, and it may be prescribed for other conditions as determined by a healthcare professional.
How does hydrocortisone work for hemorrhoids?
Hydrocortisone is a topical steroid that reduces inflammation and itching associated with hemorrhoids by suppressing the immune response and reducing the release of inflammatory substances in the affected area. It provides temporary relief from symptoms but does not cure hemorrhoids.
Forms of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids available
Hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids is typically available in the form of creams, ointments, or suppositories.
Directions for using hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids
It is important to follow the instructions provided by the healthcare provider or indicated on the product label. Typically, the medication is applied externally to the affected area or inserted rectally using a suppository, following proper hygiene practices. If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Use your next dose at the regular time. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Warnings and precautions for hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids
- Hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids is intended for external use or rectal use only and should not be taken orally
- Prolonged or excessive use of hydrocortisone in the anal area may lead to skin thinning or other side effects. It is important to use it as directed and consult a healthcare provider if symptoms persist or worsen
Hydrocortisone is a commonly prescribed medication used to treat a variety of conditions, including inflammation, allergies, and certain autoimmune disorders. As with any medication, it is essential to be aware of potential interactions with other drugs to ensure your safety and effectiveness of treatment. Here are some medications that may interact with hydrocortisone:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Antidiabetic drugs
- Antifungal medications
It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there may be other medications that can interact with hydrocortisone. Always inform your healthcare provider about all the medications you are taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to ensure proper management of potential interactions. Your pharmacist can provide you with up-to-date drug information.
Side effects of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids
Common side effects of hydrocortisone for hemorrhoids may include mild skin irritation, burning, or itching at the application site. Serious side effects are rare but can include allergic reactions or worsening of symptoms. While hydrocortisone can be an effective medication, it is not without potential risk of side effects. Common side effects of hydrocortisone include:
- Prolonged use of hydrocortisone creams or ointments can cause thinning of the skin, making it more susceptible to injury and skin infection
- Hydrocortisone can make the skin more prone to bruising due to its effect on blood clotting
- Hydrocortisone can weaken the immune system, making it easier for infections to occur and harder for the body to fight them off
- Hydrocortisone can cause fluid retention and increased appetite, leading to weight gain
It is important to discuss any potential side effects with a healthcare professional before starting hydrocortisone treatment. They will be able to provide personalized guidance and monitor for any adverse reactions.
Similar medications for hemorrhoids
Other medications used for the treatment of hemorrhoids include over-the-counter topical creams or ointments containing ingredients like witch hazel or lidocaine. In some cases, surgical interventions may be necessary for severe or persistent hemorrhoids. Please note that the availability, brand names, and prescribing guidelines may vary in different countries. It is important to consult with a healthcare provider for specific information relevant to your location.
We are here to improve lives. Our service gives you access to smart features & resources that can help empower you to take control of your health and improve your health outcomes. All this, in one place, for FREE. We strive to bring a fresh perspective to managing health. Not play by the rules. Now Patient can be accessed by downloading the App or using your web browser.