According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 36 million people die annually from non-communicable diseases (NCD’s)
NCD’s are also referred to as chronic diseases which are typically long in duration and which are the result of a combination of:
- Genetic factors
- Physiological factors
- Environmental factors
- Behavioural factors
NCD’s mainly consist of:
- Cardiovascular Diseases (such as Heart Attack, Congestive Heart Failure, Stroke)
- Chronic Respiratory Diseases (such as COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases, Asthma)
At Now Patient we use a combination of cutting-edge technology, evidence-based disease risk algorithms and predictive healthcare analytics to identify at-risk groups to whom we can provide personalised disease state management services with the aim of preventing aggravation of chronic diseases.
Tobacco use, physical inactivity, the harmful use of alcohol and unhealthy diets all increase the risk of NCDs.
By making NHS funded clinical services available on demand, through video link, and also through manufacturer sponsored broadcast clinics, we are able to help you mitigate these factors.
Our personalised services include:
- Pharmacist-led smoking cessation clinics
- Alcohol misuse advice
- Weight loss advice
- Healthy living advice
- Health screening using laboratory tests
- Pharmacogenetics testing
We also have a wealth of resources that can help you manage your health:
- NHS England health campaigns
- Use of Risk Tools, such as the FINDRISC diabetes risk calculator
- NHS syndicated content
- Medically reviewed articles focusing on wellbeing and health education
- Community forums as a useful resource for users to connect with and directly message other Now Patient users who are going through similar health challenges.
Now Patient is a first of its kind regulated digital health service that uses predictive analytics and artificial intelligence to provide you with personalised care and resources that can help improve your health outcomes, FREE of charge.
Prescriptions, healthcare resources & live video consultations all in one place for FREE